The European Foundations Initiative on Dementia EFID has announced a call for its 2017 award: “Valuing the expertise of people living with dementia.”
EFID is a joint-programme led by foundations, whose mission is to improve the lives of people with dementia by enabling dementia-friendly and inclusive environments in communities across Europe. EFID supports local organisations active on dementia-friendly initiatives through award and grant making, capacity development and networking.
A call for nominations is now open for the 2017 award: “Valuing the expertise of people living with dementia.” The goal of the award is to promote and disseminate projects aiming at creating the conditions and the opportunities for:
- Listening to people with dementia, valuing their expertise and empowering them
- Respecting the dignity, autonomy and the right of self-determination of people with dementia
- Supporting people living with moderate and/or severe dementia to express their own wishes
- The emergence of a stronger voice and participation of people with dementia in all areas of life
- The organization and support of peer-support groups of people living with dementia
To be considered for the award, interested applicants should submit a short concept note and description of their project and its intended actions, by 28th May 2017. Shortlisted applicants will then be invited to submit a full application in September.
The awards ceremony is expected to take place in January 2018 for successful projects.
To know more about the award, you can consult EFID website.