Early this week, our member from Romania Erdélyi Református Egyházkerület (Transylvanian Reformed Church District) inaugurated a new community centre in Matei, in the north of Romania.
The new centre is the result of the restoration of the former Saint Mary’s school, built by the Reformed Church in 1936 and then confiscated by the communist regime. After the restitution, the building hosted a kindergarten and has been recently restored by the Reformed Community of Saint Anthony. The community centre – which will host ceremonies, meetings and receptions – was officially inaugurated with a service led by the bishop Béla Kató, the adept at the congregation Csányi Bányai and the pastor Juhos János.
The renovation of the building started in 2015, depending on the financial resources and volunteer work of the congregation, as well as on the support of the Evangelical Churches of Switzerland (HEKS) and of the congregation of Cegléd.
To know more on the new community house, please read our member’s news.