Yesterday, Eurodiaconia sent a letter to Commissioner for Justice, Consumers and Gender Equality Věra Jourová, including several recommendations on the implementation of the EU Framework on National Roma Integration Strategies (NRIS).
Our network recommendations were released in view of the upcoming European Commission Communication assessing the progress of the NRIS implementation. The recommendations build on our members’ experience in fostering Roma inclusion across Europe and cover the following key points:
- Put the fight against antigypsyism at the centre of the Communication.
- Establish a clear link between the European Pillar of Social Rights and Roma inclusion.
- Call on the Member States to allocate adequate budgets to their National Roma Integration Strategies.
- Address segregation and housing exclusion of Roma.
- Urge the Member States to improve access to health insurance and health care services.
- Improve multi-stakeholder coordination and transparency.
Under the EU Framework for National Roma Integration Strategies up to 2020, Member States committed to develop, implement and monitor strategies on Roma integration in line with a comprehensive evidence-based approach.
To know more about Eurodiaconia recommendations on implementation of the EU Framework on NRIS, please read the full document.