The European Commission launched a new call for proposals under European Solidarity Corps (ESC) programme titled “Humanitarian Aid Volunteering (ESC-HUMAID-2023-VOLUN)”. Volunteering under the European Voluntary Humanitarian Aid Corps (Humanitarian Aid Volunteering) takes place in third countries where there are ongoing humanitarian aid operations. This action gives the opportunity to young people aged 18 to 35 years old to contribute to society by short-term or long-term volunteering activities aimed at improving living conditions of people in need.
The projects funded under Humanitarian Aid volunteering should:
- where relevant, facilitate the transition from the humanitarian response to long-term sustainable and inclusive development
- contribute to strengthening the capacity and resilience of vulnerable or disaster-affected communities;
- reinforce disaster preparedness and disaster risk reduction;
- link relief, rehabilitation and development;
- ensure a high level of safety and security for volunteers.
- Additionally, to increase the quality and impact of the action, projects can integrate complementary activities to facilitate the active involvement of local staff and volunteers from the countries and communities in which they are implemented.
The deadline for applications is the 3rd of March 2023.
For more information, please visit the Commission’s website.
To learn more about current calls for proposals or Eurodiaconia’s funding events, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our our Projects and EU Funding Officer Giorgia Signoretto at firstname.lastname@example.org