The European Commission has recently published a call for proposals for the “Integration of Third-Country Nationals” under the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund.
Project applications submitted must address at least one of the following priorities:
- Promoting active participation in society overall
- Pre-departure and post-arrival support for the integration of persons in need of international protection who are being relocated within the EU or resettled from a third country
According to the European Commission’s Action Plan on the integration of third-country nationals on 7 June 2016 the general policy framework includes the following actions to support Member States:
- Pre-departure and pre-arrival measures: including actions to prepare migrants and the local communities for the integration process.
- Education: including actions to promote language training, participation of migrant children to Early Childhood Education and Care, teacher training and civic education
- Employment and vocational training: including actions to facilitation recognition of qualifications and skills, promote early integration into the labour market and migrants entrepreneurship
- Access to basic services: such as housing and healthcare
- Active participation and social inclusion: including actions to support exchanges with the receiving society, migrants’ participation to cultural life and fighting discrimination.
The submission deadline is 28 February 2017 (17:00 Brussels time).
The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of projects is estimated at EUR 17.604.000.
Please find a detailed overview on this call here (EN).
For any further questions, do not hesitate to get in touch with Florian at email@example.com.