The European Commission launched a new call for proposal under the Erasmus+ programme titled “European policy network in the field of education of children and young people with a migrant background (ERASMUS-EDU-2022-NET)”. The overall objective of this topic is to develop and support a Europe-wide network of relevant organisations (policy makers, practitioners, researchers, representatives of migrant communities, and other stakeholders) to analyse and co-create knowledge on effective policy approaches for high-quality inclusive education of children and young people with a migrant background, to promote co-operation between different stakeholders, to disseminate effective practices and innovative approaches more widely, and to support the Commission’s policy work on inclusion of children and young people with a migrant background in and through education in the context of the European Education Area. This network will build on existing activities developed at European level, especially on initiatives and projects supported through European Union programmes and policy initiatives in the field of education.
The focus of the call for proposal will be on addressing in particular the following priority areas to ensure inclusive education of children and young people with a migrant background:
- Professional development of teachers and school leaders;
- Ensuring a comprehensive and multi-dimensional assessment of newly arriving refugee children and young people’s competences;
- Recognition of qualifications of newly arriving pupils and students;
- Supporting acquisition of the language of schooling while maintaining existing language(s) and culture;
- Mental health and well-being of refugee and immigrant pupils, social and emotional learning, tackling trauma in and through education;
- Prevention of discrimination, bullying, inter-cultural conflict management;
- Teaching about migration, conflict, war;
- Inclusive digitalisation;
- Holistic support to integration involving families and wider communities;
- Systemic data collection to inform policy with evidence
The deadline for applications is the 12th of October 2022.
For more information, please visit the Commission’s website.
To learn more about current calls for proposals or Eurodiaconia’s funding events, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our our Projects and EU Funding Officer Giorgia Signoretto at firstname.lastname@example.org.