The European Commission has launched a new call for proposals seeking to finance projects aimed at providing integrated housing for long-term homeless people with severe mental illness, in some cases combined with substance abuse.
Actions should focus, among others:
- assess the preparedness of local, regional, national entities and health services in the participating countries for introducing the above mental health best practice;
- increase the awareness of the importance of mental health among policy-makers and health professionals;
- develop, translate and provide high quality implementation tools for implementing above best practice;
- train trainers and professionals in the core components of the best practice (adapted to the national context);
- implement local, regional or national activities for contextualized practice transfer;
- monitor the implementation process and assess the outcome of the implementation;
- design measures to assess and increase the sustainability of the practice after the implementation phase;
- develop opportunities and supportive networks for capacity building between the participating countries and the EU.
- Promote the implementation to other EU Member States that are not participating in the project.
Available budget for this topic: 1.000.000 EUR for 1 or more projects.
The deadline for applications is the 6th of August 2020.
For more information, please visit the Commission’s website.