Eurodiaconia is offering an intern position as a Communications Assistant in our Brussels office. This internship will run for 6 months with a possibility to extend to 12 months and we are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates who want to learn about working at European level and are creative, love communications, are pro-active, flexible and have the ability to multi-task and manage their own working time while being a team player.
Eurodiaconia represents a dynamic, Europe wide community of organisations founded in the Christian faith and working together in the tradition of Diaconia, who are committed to a Europe of solidarity, equality and justice. Eurodiaconia and its members work to bring about positive change for people and society.
The internship will have the following focus:
- Learning about communications in a large membership organisation by working with our Communications Officer to produce publications, newsletters, manage social media channels, supporting our internal events, and develop our website.
- Learn about storytelling for effective impact, working with our members to identify key examples of their work and producing engaging communication pieces across multiple platforms
- Contribute to our campaigns (this is year we are focusing on Mental Health Inclusion ) and work with our policy team to ensure effective advocacy via our communication platforms.
- An ability to appreciate and relate to the Eurodiaconia mission, vision and values.
- Knowledge of the EU institutions and of membership organisations
- Relevant university studies or equivalent work experience in Communications
- A creative mindset, able to communicate clearly in written and visual formats.
- A team player, able to work collaboratively and contribute to a positive work environment
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, any other language is an asset
- Applicants must possess the ability to research our members’ initiatives through different channels and create well-written and timely articles to showcase their efforts.
- General IT literacy plus experience and/or knowledge of programmes such as Canva, MailChimp, WordPress etc
- Video, photo and audio editing skills
The candidate must qualify for the “Convention d’immersion professionnelle”, where this should be the first paid employment in Belgium and where the salary shall follow the guidelines set by the Belgian state. This is a paid internship and lunch vouchers, assistance with travel costs (subject to distance), and hospital insurance will be also provided. The post will be based in our Brussels office and no other working arrangements are available for this position.
Please send your CV plus two examples of previous communications work (e.g. leaflet, website, campaign) and a cover letter (no more than one page) explaining your motivation for this internship.
Documents should be sent by email only to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 28 May 2023 at 12 midday CET. However, we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and reserve the right to make an appointment before the closing date.
Please indicate in the subject header “Communications Internship” Applications should be addressed to Ms. Heather Roy, Secretary General. We regret that due to the high volume of applications likely to be received only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants must already have the right to live and work in the European Union.