Eurodiaconia is offering an intern position in our Brussels office in the area of projects and research. This internship will run for 6 months with the potential for a further 6 months, subject to approval by the Belgian authorities on internships, starting as soon as possible. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates that are pro-active, flexible and with the ability to multi-task and manage their own working time.
Eurodiaconia represents a dynamic, Europe wide community of organisations founded in the Christian faith and working together in the tradition of Diaconia, who are committed to a Europe of solidarity, equality and justice. Eurodiaconia and its members work to bring about positive change for people and society.
Tasks of the internship will include:
- Working with the Projects and EU Funding Officer by supporting the development of project ideas and writing project applications
- Monitoring policy developments regarding EU funds and providing information on funding opportunities to members
- Assisting with trainings on EU Funding for the members
- Gathering information from Eurodiaconia members on the use of EU Funding
- Assisting with the ongoing fundraising strategy
- An ability to appreciate and relate to the Eurodiaconia mission, vision and values.
- Knowledge of the EU institutions
- Relevant university studies or equivalent work experience in EU Projects
- Knowledge of EU funding programmes
- Excellent people skills and written and oral communication skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, any other language is an asset
- IT literacy
The candidate must qualify the “Convention d’immersion professionnelle”, where this should be the first paid employment in Belgium and where the salary shall follow the guidelines set by the Belgian state, This is a paid internship and lunch vouchers, assistance with travel costs (subject to distance), and hospital insurance will be also provided.
Please send your CV and a one page cover letter explaining your motivation for this internship and why you would be a good candidate based on your experience and skills by email only by the 7th of May to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review applications on a rolling basis and reserve the right to appoint someone before the deadline.
Please indicate in the subject header “Projects and Research Internship.” Applications should be addressed to Ms. Heather Roy, Secretary General. We regret that due to the high volume of applications likely to be received only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants must already have the right to live and work in the European Union.