HORIZON EUROPE’S FIRST STRATEGIC PLAN 2021-2024
On the 15th of March 2021, the European Commission adopted the first strategic plan for Horizon Europe, the new EU research and innovation programme worth €95.5 billion in current prices.
The strategic plan sets out four strategic orientations for research and innovation investments under Horizon Europe for the next four years:
- Promoting an open strategic autonomy by leading the development of key digital, enabling and emerging technologies, sectors and value chains;
- Restoring Europe’s ecosystems and biodiversity, and managing sustainably natural resources;
- Making Europe the first digitally enabled circular, climate-neutral and sustainable economy;
- Creating a more resilient, inclusive, and democratic European society.
For more information, please visit the Horizon Europe’s website.
THE COMMISSION WELCOMES EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT’S APPROVAL OF InvestEU
On the 9th of March 2021, the European Commission welcomes the European Parliament’s vote confirming the political agreement on InvestEU reached in December 2020.
The InvestEU Programme will provide the EU with crucial long-term funding, crowding in private investment, in support of the recovery and helping build a greener, more digital, and more resilient European economy. InvestEU will have a budgetary guarantee of €26.2 billion funded from NextGenerationEU resources and the Multiannual Financial Framework. The overall investment to be mobilised on this basis is estimated at more than €372 billion across the EU.
The programme will be structured around four policy windows:
- Sustainable Infrastructure
- Research, Innovation and Digitisation
- Social Investment and Skills
For more information, please visit the InvestEu’s website.
To learn more about current calls for proposals or Eurodiaconia’s funding events, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Policy, Projects & Research Officer Vera Nygard at email@example.com and our Projects Assistant Giorgia Signoretto at firstname.lastname@example.org.