The Visegrad Fund
Visegrad grants support regional partnerships among NGOs and civil society organisations, public institutions and municipalities, private companies and nonprofit organisations as well as education and research centres that contribute to cooperation in the Visegrad region.
Projects must fulfil the following conditions:
- Must develop meaningful cooperation and active participation of organisations from at least 3 V4 countries.
- Bilateral cross-border cooperation of at least 2 organisations from 2 neighbouring V4 countries also qualify for support with projects taking place within a 40-km radius from the border and focusing on a local issue.
- Maximum duration of the project implementation is 18 months.
- Grants can cover up to 100% of the project budget with 15% for overheads.
- Projects must address at least one of the grant programme’s 7 focus areas: Culture and Common Identity; Education and Capacity Building; Innovation, R&D, Entrepreneurship; Democratic Values and the Media; Public Policy and Institutional Partnership; Regional Development, Environment and Tourism; Social Development
The application deadline is the 1st of October 2023. For more information, please visit the Visegrad Fund’s website.
The Visegrad+ Fund
Visegrad+ grants support projects which contribute to the democratisation and transformation processes in selected countries of the Western Balkans (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia) and the Eastern Partnership regions (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine).
Projects must fulfil the following conditions:
- Must develop meaningful cooperation and ensure active involvement of at least 3 V4 countries and one entity from the EaP region or the Western Balkans countries at minimum, regardless of the applicant.
- Visegrad+ Grants should be implemented in the EaP or WB region, and/or have a strong impact on local communities in at least one of those countries.
- Maximum duration of the project application is 18 months.
- Grants cover up to 100% of the project budget with maximum 15% of the requested sum for overheads.
- Projects must clearly address one of the objectives of the programme’s seven focus areas: Culture and Common Identity; Education and Capacity Building; Innovation, R&D, Entrepreneurship; Democratic Values and the Media; Public Policy and Institutional Partnership; Regional Development, Environment and Tourism; Social Development.
Please note that simply having a project partner/applicant from the EaP or WB region does not automatically make an application qualify for a Visegrad+ Grant.
The application deadline is on the 1st of October. For more information, please visit the Visegrad Fund’s website.
The Step Up Fund
The Step-Up Call 2023-2024 is now open for proposals. Through the Step Up Fund, the Dutch Council for Refugees supports NGOs to improve refugee protection and inclusion in Europe. Through the fund, up to 8 projects will be selected to be supported in the period between December 2023 and November 2024. The selected organisations will be offered capacity-building support by the Dutch Council for Refugees in the form of trainings or twinning.
Organisations eligible to apply for the Step Up Fund must:
- Be a registered non-profit organisation based in Greece, Cyprus, Italy, Malta, Poland, or Spain.
- Be locally or nationally rooted in one of these six countries.
- Be already working on the assistance of refugees and asylum seekers.
- Have a project proposal focused on capacity-development of their organisation.
- Submit the application in English.
- The grant is maximum 10 000 EUR.
The application deadline is on the 9th of October 2023. For more information, please visit the Dutch Council for Refugees’ website.
The Youth Climate Justice Fund
Applications for the Youth Climate Justice Fund Grant 2023 are now open. The fund supports youth climate justice movements with trust-based funding, resources and youth-to-youth capacity development. Groups can apply for a grant of up to USD $10 000, which can be used for a period of 12 months.
- The group, network or collective applying for the grant must be led by young people aged 35 and below. In order to be eligible, the majority of your leadership must be young people or the individuals with decision making power should be aged 35 and below.
- The group, network or collective must be based in Africa, the Middle East, Asia-Pacific, South Asia, Latin America, and Eastern Europe.
- The group, network or collective must believe in and exhibit inclusive organising, collective action and intersectional movement building.
- The group, network or collective is based in North America or Western Europe but is led by young people who are discriminated against and/or marginalised based on class, ethnicity, background etc.
- Non-partisan, non-violent, and legal movements.
They specifically look for groups who are:
- Cultivating diverse leadership rooted in fair and equitable climate action with community power.
- Raising ambitions and commitments on climate and socio-environmental justice.
- Holding policymakers responsible to their promises and strengthening community power
The application deadline is on the 24th of September 2023. For more information, please click here.
CEI Cooperation Fund
The Central European Initiative have opened the call for proposals for 2023 under the CEI Cooperation Fund. Established in 2001, the CEI Cooperation Fund co-finances activities aimed at strengthening cooperation among the CEI Member States and implementing the strategic goals and main objectives set by the CEI Guidelines and Rules of Procedure and the CEI Plan of Action. The CEI Cooperation Fund is financed by annual contributions of all CEI Member States.
The overall indicative budget of the call is 420 000 EUR. The budget is broken down in the following manner:
- Implementation of the Plan of Action: Up to 230 000 EUR for proposals aimed at the implementation of the CEI Plan of Action. An additional amount of up to 90 000 EUR will be made available for co-financing proposals – within the ones submitted under this segment – that meet, over the evaluation phases, with the requirements set for CEI Flagship Events.
- Addressing the consequences of the Russian aggression against Ukraine for the CEI region: Up to 100 000 EUR for proposals aimed at addressing the consequences of the Russian aggression against Ukraine for the CEI region.
Applications can only be submitted to one budget segment exclusively. An applicant organisation can apply only once.
The call is open for all public and private entities based and registered in CEI Member States (public/public equivalent bodies, private entities, NGOs/CSOs). International organisations can also apply. Applicants must prove to have sufficient capacity in organisation of international activities and project management.
The deadline for the submission is on October 13, 2023, 23:59 CEST. For more information, please consult the Central European Initiative’s website.
Fundación “la Caixa”
On October 3, 2023, Fundación “la Caixa” will open a call for proposals about social action in rural areas (municipalities with less than 10 000 inhabitants) for organisations registered and based in Spain. The purpose of the call is to promote projects in rural areas, adapted to their territorial characteristics and social needs, in order to reduce depopulation of rural areas, improve the living conditions of their inhabitants and generate opportunities for the elderly, families, children and adolescents, women and people at risk of social exclusion.
The call will be available for non-profit organisations and social economy entities that, whether or not for profit, explicitly state social interest or social cohesion among the objectives of their statutes.
The deadline for the submission is on November 9, 2023, 17:00. For more information, please visit the website of Fundación “la Caixa”.
To learn more about current calls for proposals or Eurodiaconia’s funding events, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Projects and EU Funding Officer Giorgia Signoretto at email@example.com.