The document is launched ahead of the Employment, Social Policy, Health and Consumer Affairs (EPSCO) Council meeting on the 19th of March 2020, and in it the Alliance is calling on the EU institutions to:
- Set an ambitious target to reduce child poverty and inequality across the EU.
- Reinforce the 2013 Recommendation on Investing in Children through a Council Recommendation on a Child Guarantee.
- The Council Recommendation on the Child Guarantee has a clear implementation plan which can be monitored.
- The Council Recommendation on the Child Guarantee is relevant to all children from 0-18 years of age and those growing up in most vulnerable situations in all countries of the EU.
- The Council Recommendation on the Child Guarantee is properly financed, and it interconnects different EU policies.
- Ensure that the Council Recommendation on the Child Guarantee is launched as a matter of urgency and to support strategic investments and policy development in EU Member States.
As a member of EU Alliance, Eurodiaconia supports the new statement and welcomes the prioritisation of the European Child Guarantee by the European Commission, European Parliament and the Council of the EU.
You can find the full text of the document on our website.
If you have further questions, please contact our Policy and Membership Development Officer Stefan Kitzmann at email@example.com.
To find out more about the work of the EU Alliance for Investing in Children, please visit their website.