Eurodiaconia is offering a 6 month internship as Policy Assistant in our Brussels office starting from May/June 2023 and with a possibility of extension for another 6 months. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who is pro-active, flexible and with the ability to multi-task and manage their own working time.
Eurodiaconia represents a dynamic, Europe wide community of organisations founded in the Christian faith and working together in the tradition of Diaconia, who are committed to a Europe of solidarity, equality and justice. Eurodiaconia and its members work to bring about positive change for people and society.
The tasks of the Policy Assistant will include
- Assisting in the monitoring and reporting of the discussions around current social policy topics and contributing to the development of Eurodiaconia’s advocacy strategy in these areas.
- Gathering information from Eurodiaconia members on agreed policy topics.
- Attending relevant meetings, including in the EU institutions, and reporting back to colleagues and members.
- Monitoring on Social Policy Topics including but not limited to:
- Social Services, including health and (long-term) care services
- Social Protection and social inclusion
- Addressing Extreme Destitution
- Supporting the policy officers on other issues as they arise.
- Assisting with the organization of events and meetings as requested
– an ability to appreciate and relate to the Eurodiaconia mission, vision and values.
– knowledge of the EU institutions
– relevant university studies or equivalent work experience
– information gathering/research experience and ability to write texts that are reader-friendly
– excellent people skills and written and oral communication skills
– excellent command of written and spoken English, any other language is an asset
– IT literacy
The candidate must qualify for the “Convention d’immersion professionnelle”, where this should be the first paid employment in Belgium and where the salary shall follow the guidelines set by the Belgian state, Lunch vouchers and assistance with travel costs (subject to distance) plus hospital insurance are also provided.
Please send your CV and a cover letter explaining your motivation for this position and why you would be a good candidate based on your experience and skills by email only by 8th May 2023 at 9am CET to email@example.com. Applications should be addressed to Heather Roy, Secretary General. We regret that due to the high volume of applications likely to be received only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.